Why quality processes?
Quality is when the customer is satisfied and comes back.
In order to maintain the quality of our products and services at a consistently high level, we have made the ILAG Quality Circle our passion.
How are ILAG quality coatings implemented at new producers?
- Most importantly, a joint discussion between the customer, the manufacturer and ILAG must be held to clarify and define the needs, expectations and quality/price level of the article, so the coating system can be determined.
- Visit of the production operation to inspect the existing plant and clarify the technical options for the application of our coatings.
- Review of the quality assurance, organization, processes and control methods of production.
- Pilot coating run on the production unit for the first ILAG laboratory tests.
- After a positive result, an initial test report is issued. In case of a negative result, solutions for improving the production process are identified.
- “Zero series” production run on the unit to confirm the laboratory results.
- Based on the result, the “Approval test report” is issued. The producer is now, subject to compliance with our standards, approved as a processor of ILAG coatings.
- Support by ILAG technicians during the initial production runs. Repeat of laboratory tests to ensure high quality.
How does ILAG monitor the high quality level during production runs?
- Continuous contact with the producer is very important. It is the only way to ensure that problems are identified immediately and solutions are implemented.
- Compilation of test reports for all test activities.
- Close collaboration with the producer, in order to identify weaknesses in production and to optimize both the manufacturing process and the product, thereby ensuring continuous improvement.
- Continuous quality control in the ILAG test kitchens in Switzerland and in Shanghai, in compliance with ILAG quality standards. Continuous quality inspections by independent, external testing authorities.